How do I apply?
- If you already have a Social Worker, ask them to refer you to SNIPS.
- If you do not have a Social Worker, please contact the Children with Disabilities Team on 0114 2735368. Ask for a member of the SNIPS team. You will need an Early Help and Wellbeing Assessment to access this service.
- If you already receive a SNIPS service, contact your SNIPS worker.
A SNIPS team member will contact you to arrange an Early Help and Wellbeing Assessment. The assessment is completed by your allocated Inclusion Officer. The assessment will include:
- information about the young person’s likes/dislikes,
- their strengths and what they are able to do well, as well as any areas where they may need some support.
The allocated worker will then submit a request to the Early Help Panel. This is to request the Short Break on your behalf.