Staying Safe

The Council's City Wide Care Care Alarm Service can give you peace of mind in your home, or for someone you care for.

This emergency care alarm service allows people to get help when they are in difficulty, helping people to remain safe, secure and independent in and around their homes.

Find out more: Sheffield City Wide Care Alarms Service

If you are suffering domestic abuse you can call the Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0800 808 2241.

Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm. Saturday, Sunday and  Bank Holidays 11 am to 8 pm. Outside of these hours call the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

They can offer advice and support. They can also tell you if you can get help from the Sanctuary Scheme to make your property more secure (like window and door locks, personal alarm).

You may also be able to get some help in taking legal measures to stop the perpetrator approaching your home. Their advisors can also refer you to the Council Housing Solutions Team.

In an emergency ring 999.

For more information about support go to the Domestic Abuse Coordination Team website.

If you believe a neighbour is involved in anti-social behaviour contact the Council Anti-Social Behaviour Team.

Anti-social behaviour is behaviour that causes nuisance, annoyance, or harassment, alarm or distress. This can include (but is not limited to) verbal abuse, threats, vandalism and damage, noise nuisance, harassment and intimidation. 

Get more information on the Council Anti-Social Behaviour Team.

If you are a council tenant or leaseholder or your complaint is about a tenant or leaseholder, you can contact your Neighbourhood Office or First Point to report it in person. Or write to the Housing and Neighbourhood Service, PO Box 5967, Sheffield, S2 9GH. Or email Or call 0114 293 0000.

Mediation Sheffield can help by supporting you and your neighbour to work out any differences you have and reach an outcome that suits both of you.

Find out more about Mediation Sheffield.