Housing support

Sheffield has lots of services that support people to maintain their tenancy, prevent homelessness and live independently in the community.

You can get housing related support if you’re a tenant or a homeowner. Housing related support can include help to:

  • set up and maintain your home or tenancy
  • prevent you becoming homeless
  • move home if where you’re living is no longer suitable for you
  • make sure your home is safe and secure
  • manage your finances and benefit claims
  • develop independent living skills and confidence
  • access health, treatment services and support groups
  • access community groups and activities.

There are different organisations in the city which provide housing related support, including: 

  • Shelter(for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness).
  • Framework(for rough sleepers).
  • South Yorkshire Housing Association LiveWell at Home (for people aged over 55).
  • South Yorkshire Housing Association Beaufort Project (for people 18+ with mental health issues).
  • South Yorkshire Housing Association Cuthbert Bank (for homeless families).
  • Adullum(for people with mental health issues).
  • Roundabout(for younger people).
  • Salvation Army (for single women 18+ who are homeless).
    Salvation Army (for single men 18+ who are homeless).
  • Cherrytree (for homeless young people up to 21 years).
  • Sheffield Foyer (for disadvantaged people 16-25 who are homeless or in housing need)
  • St Annes (for single men 18+).
  • Target (The Sheffield Project (for offenders both men and women), Thrive (for people with long term complex needs).
  • Places for People (for homeless families).
  • Humankind (for people with drug or alcohol addiction)

View all services in the directory for housing support.


Last updated: